Me-and-U. 4. An occupational hazard…

 I forgot to tell you, I am a psychologist, not the one who signs prescriptions left and right. That would be a psychiatrist. I listen to people every day, their stories, fears and troubles. It’s my job to listen and not interfere unless necessary… 

Sometimes I feel like smacking my patient on the head because of how ridiculous he/she may sound… It is also my job to keep it together… 

Turns out he is real. 

We spoke on the phone. He talks a lot. He doesn’t stop for a second… 

Come on dude! I am getting a headache here! Don’t you want to know about me, at least a little? … 

Okay, keep going. I turn the volume down in my head. 

I think, he is talking this much because he is afraid of silence… He is definitely overcompensating… He is shy.

I am no longer listening. It’s too much. I don’t even know what to say when he stops talking… Feels like there’s nothing to add…

Alright, that went well… 

I have to give him a credit. He is sweet, definitely shy and insecure. 

Well, no one is perfect…

Should we go on a date?

Just one problem. He lives a thousand miles away…


VGM 

To be continued…



Comments

The path

A letter.

A vision...

The rights…

Remodeling…

A blind man…