A letter.

 I would like to address my people today. 

When I am saying, my people, I mean my Ukrainian and Russian friends and family.

My dear Russian friends and family!
I understand and respect your silence. My heart is breaking to see how lost we all are. How can I explain to my child that her DNA is based on hatred?... I can't imagine her Ukrainian and Russian chromosomes being in the state of war with each other...
Please, take care of one another! Please, be safe! I love you all with all my heart!

My dear Ukrainian friends and family!
I am so proud of your strength and courage! I understand and respect how much you love your country and your freedom! My heart is bleeding with you! I am praying every day for your safety! I love you more than you can ever imagine! You are my heroes!

I guess our nationality is solely our decision these days...  
I can be pronounced a nationalist by stating: 
"I am a Ukrainian" 
as much as
"I am a Russian"

I am not looking for understanding...
My self-conscience is reaching out to yours... because, at the end of the day, it's all we have to live with...

VGM



Comments

Post a Comment

The path

A vision...

The rights…

Remodeling…

A blind man…