Laughters and afters…

… We have to process the pain till it’s no longer a pain but a lesson with positive outcome.

If you grow up in a tough culture like mine you know you have to not only find a positive outcome. You must be able to laugh at your past…

Example:

…Knock on my door. There is a woman a few years older than myself…

- May I see John? (John is my husband then)

- He is not home, but will be in shortly. Would you like to come in and wait for him here? I was about to have a cup of tea. And I have a cake to go with it.

… Here we are, sitting at the kitchen table having meaningless conversation about weather and gardening. The woman keeps steering the conversation back to my husband, saying how great John is. I can tell she is clueless about who I am…

I hear the front door opens. My husband is home. I go to greet him.

- There is someone waiting for you in the kitchen…

I follow him to the kitchen…

I will never forget the look on his face… 

The woman got speechless… 

- I’ll let you guys talk for a moment.

I walk out closing the door behind me…

It has been 30 years… and I am still laughing at that very moment three of us standing in the kitchen in complete silence…

I don’t fight. 

I let go…

VGM



Comments

The path

A letter.

A vision...

The rights…

Remodeling…

A blind man…